Reference: GDPR REC 4.1
Document Kits Issue No: 1.0
Organisation Issue No: 001
DocumentKits Issue Date: 15/12/2020
Organisation Issue Date: 05/05/2021
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2.1 The DPO, Ben Young is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to OH Visas collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All board of directors, Tom Nicol, Steve Down and Ben Young of OH Visas who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
OH Visas is a visa and passport agency for individuals and parties who are required to conduct their business globally. We provide a comprehensive visa and passport application service as well as consultancy on the required documents to certify work related travel.
Our DPO, Ben Young and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
- Privacy Notice
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Home Address
- Passport Information
- Active Social Media accounts
- Marital Status
- National ID Number
- Languages you speak
- Visa Travel Information
- Parents names & DOB
- Previous Visa Applications
- Recent Travel History
- Criminal History
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To complete visas applications on your behalf.
Our legal basis for processing the personal data:
- Our personal information consent form permits OH Visas to process the applicants personal data.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- To complete visa applications on behalf of applicants only.
The special categories of personal data concerned are: N/A
If we require your consent for this activity, you may withdraw consent at any time by notifying OH Visas by email requesting to delete your personal record.
OH Visas will not pass on your personal data to third parties as you as the applicant has instructed and consented to OH Visas to apply for visas on your behalf.
The relevant Visa centres / Embassies will receive completed visa applications from OH Visas for visa processing.
3.3 Retention period
OH Visas will process personal data for indefinitely / or as required for subsequent visa applications as instructed by the applicant and will store the personal data for indefinitely / in accordance with OH Visas Personal Consent form whereby you have the right to see any information that we hold about you, and to have your details removed at any time. OHV will contact you annually as a reminder of this continued agreement.
3.4 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that the organisation refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in Clause 3.6 below.
- All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by OH Visas (or third parties as described in 3.2 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and OH Visas’s data protection representatives DPO, Ben Young.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details:
OH Visas Limited
125-127 Mare Street, Hackney
DPO, Ben Young contact details:
OH Visas Limited
125-127 Mare Street, Hackney
3.6 How we use your information
Under the GDPR, personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, OH Visas, will collect and use your personal data for for monitoring purposes to send you notifications on the validity of your past visa(s) and passport applications with OH Visas.
Why does OH Visas need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a visa and passport service, we need to collect personal data for applying for visa applications on your behalf, as well as notifying you when your visas / passports will be up from renewal OH Visas needs to collect and store your personal data.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, OH Visas would request your specific consent for this processing.
Will OH Visas share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to OH Visas in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to process visa applications. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of it in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data on to a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will OH Visas use the personal data it collects about me?
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the GDPR.
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We are required to retain certain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
If you wish to know more about our retention and disposal procedures, please contact our DPO, Ben Young
Under what circumstances will OH Visas contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that OH Visas holds about me?
At your request, we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the UK.
- Contact details of the DPO, Ben Young, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of OH Visas or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely.
The UK has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it was not collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
We accept the following forms of ID when you request information about your personal data:
Contact details of the DPO, Ben Young
OH Visas Limited
125-127 Mare Street, Hackney
Document owner and approval
The DPO, Ben Young/DPO, Ben Young is the owner of this document and is responsible for keeping it up to date.
The current version of this document is available to the board of directors Ben Young, Tom Nicol and Steve Down and is published on OH Visas secure hard drive and a physical copy can be found at Only Helix office address in the folder labeled OH Visas GDPR.